Sunday, September 19, 2010

Things I can't live without....

Interactive facades intrigue the senses

Textures create interesting surfaces

Family has always been a part of me, always there to support me. Growing up on Cape Cod has forever allowed me to be surrounded by the ocean and the lifestyle and activities that come with it. I truly cannot see myself living without the ocean close by.
Travel has made its way into my life quite quickly, I could have never imagined I would be so enthralled with  experiencing the world. I only hope to keep on traveling. Next stop, Japan.
Ansel Adams, there is nothing more to say then simply beautiful. The ocean and horizon allow for endless possibilities...the way black and white pops the picture evokes a mystical feeling of peace.


MUSIC IS AN ESCAPE
 A CHANCE TO BE IN YOUR OWN ELEMENT

Dare to be different? Nothing a little white wash couldnt do? Although the "style" is the same, its a nice change from the norm.
South End architecture tends to be, well, brick. I couldnt help but be excited when I saw this construction on the way to work everyday for a year, what a beautiful addition to the neighborhood.
A typical Cape Cod sunset, does not get much better than this.
Mies Van Der Rohe could not have suggested more of an open floor plan than that of  the Barcelona Pavilion.  Although not comfortable to most, the ideas and methods that stem from the building have influenced many to take advantage of spaces that extend outward. (FLW is right up there too).
Technology allows spaces to become more functional and flexible, connections to the outdoors are only becoming stronger.
Does more flexible space and connections to outdoors suggest VERNACULAR ARCHITECTURE? 

VERNACULAR: defined as...


(usu. the vernacular) the language or dialect spoken by the ordinary people in a particular country or region 


architecture concerned with domestic and functional rather than monumental buildings buildings in which Gothic merged into farmhouse vernacular.
Friends keep any normal person sane.








Simple lines create an elegant and classy exterior of the Range Rover, one of my favorite cars on the road. I once wanted to work for Range Rover as an automotive designer (one of my dreams)

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler.





No comments:

Post a Comment